CAS Hall of Fame 2005:
College of Arts & Sciences Inducts New Members
Congratulations to two distinguished alumni of the Department of Economics who have recently been recognized by Illinois State University for their professional accomplishments. Both have been named to the 2005 College of Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame.
Dr. James Koch, President Emeritus and Professor of Economics, Old Dominion University.
Dr. John Matheson, Melvin C. Steen & Corporate Donors Professor of Law, University of Minnesota.
Follow the highlighted links for biographical information.
College Announces 2005 Hall of Fame
(CAS News, November 29, 2004)
The College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce its class of 2005 Hall of Fame Inductees—a group of 19 outstanding leaders in their fields from across the nation. "This College has produced so many fine leaders that it was difficult to limit the list," said Dean Olson. "This is truly an impressive group of individuals and I will be honored to meet each of them at the ceremony in February." All 19 of the Hall of Famers will be on campus on February 18-19th for festivities related to the formal induction ceremony.
Induction into the College of Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame is an honor bestowed on current, past, or honorary members of the Arts and Sciences community. Nomination can be based on outstanding performance in one's profession; demonstrated leadership in one's profession and/or community; favorable statewide, national, or international recognition; honors from associations or employers; outstanding service to the institution; and/or proof that one's work has proven beneficial to a pronounced segment of society.
College of Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame, Class of 2005:
- Dr. Kathryn Bohn (BS ‘74, MS ‘80) BroMenn Regional Medical Center Emergency Room Physician
- Dr. K. Patricia Cross (BSE ‘48) Professor of Higher Education Emerita, University of California at Berkley
- Dr. Gerald Ferris (BS ‘73, MS ‘79) Francis Eppes Professor of Management, Florida State University
- Dr. James Fisher (BSE ‘56, MSE ‘57, LHD ‘83) President Emeritus of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and Towson University; Professor of Leadership and Philanthropic Studies, The Union Institute
- Dr. Robert Gray (PhD ‘71) President, RH Gray & Associates
- Dr. Kenneth Janda (BS ‘57) Payson S. Wild Professor of Political Science, Northwestern University
- Dr. Keith Kattner (BS ‘85) Neurosurgeon, Central Illinois Neuroscience Foundation
- Justice James A. Knecht (BS ‘68) Illinois Appellate Court Judge, 4th District
- Dr. James Koch (BA ‘64, BS ‘64) President Emeritus and Professor of Economics, Old Dominion University.
- Dr. Felissa Lashley (PhD ‘73) Dean and Professor, Rutgers State University School of Nursing
- Professor John Matheson (BS ‘74) Melvin C. Steen & Corporate Donors Professor of Law, University of Minnesota Law School.
- Dr. C. Robert O'Dell (BSE ‘59, LHD ‘01) Andrew Hayes Buchanan Emeritus Professor of Astrophysics, Rice University; Distinguished Research Professor, Vanderbilt University
- Dr. Andreas Paloumpis (BSE ‘50, MSE ‘53) President Emeritus, Hillsborough Community College
- Dr. George Pruitt (BS ‘68, MS ‘70, LHD ‘94) President, Thomas Edison State College
- Dr. Elston Roady (BSE '42) Professor of Political Science Emeritus, Florida State University
- Capt. Gary Schnurrpusch (BS ‘69) Retired Chief of Staff, U.S. Navy
- Dr. Kenneth "Buzz" Shaw (BSE ‘61, LHD ‘87) Chancellor Emeritus, Syracuse University
- Dr. Lloyd Simonson (MS ‘68, PhD ‘74) Research Director, Naval Institute for Dental and Biomedical Research
- Dr. Louis Smith (MA ‘67) Chief of the Europe and General Division, Historical Office, Department of State